Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Life of Pi's Song


When asked to pick a song that represents the novel Life of Pi, we came up with a few ideas:


Message in a Bottle - The Police

"No-one here but me More loneliness
Than any man could bear
Rescue me before I fall into despair
Ill send an sos to the world"

This song deals with the same emotions that Pi faces while on his raft. This is when he is seperated from Richard Parker and in complete solitude.

Come Sail Away - Styx

"I look to the sea, reflections in the waves spark my memory
Some happy, some sad
I think of childhood friends and the dreams we had
We live happily forever, so the story goes"

This song expresses many of the same feelings Pi dealt with on his life boat. Feelings of happiness, stress, wonder and a little hope for the future.

Swallowed in the Sea - Coldplay

"And I could write it down
And spread it all around
Get lost and then get found
or swallowed in the sea"

This song represents some of the same ups and downs Pi went through on his life boat. Many times he imagined himself dying at sea, but survived with the little hope he had of being rescued.

No comments: